Finding A Calling:


I've been doing a lot of that self-discovery stuff as of late. Here's what I've come up with:

I am both resilient and strong. (When I want to be.) Anything that I have wanted to achieve thus far in my life I have been able to accomplish. This is an overwhelmingly powerful discovery... That I have never failed at anything that I truly wanted with all of my being. It let's me know that I could move mountains if I wanted it badly enough!

All of this being said, I have lacked a feeling of true purpose (and consequently any motivation) since moving back from the Caribbean after college. That was a huge blow to my self identity that I have been stuck on ever since. Moving to California has given me a glimpse back into my old self... The me that craved adventure above all else. The me that took action towards this goal.

I now know that I'll be able to obtain success... Once I find something that I deem worthy of pouring all of my energy towards. And now that I'm open to finding this "calling", I know that it is only a matter of time before I discover exactly what that is and can begin working towards it. Most importantly though, I feel like I am mentally prepared for it when I do happen to stumble upon it.

Did you hear that, world? Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some of that comment lovin'!