Packing for Europe:

With the entirety of my weekend spent at work, I woke up this morning with one main objective: pack!

First and foremost, I need to establish how amazing my best friend here in California is... She showed up last night while I was working with a care package to help get me through the loooong flight to Barcelona! This was truly one of the most thoughtful packages I had ever received...  

[Trashy magazines I'd be embarrassed to purchase myself (bonus points for one with a cover story about The Bachelor!), one of my favorite candies in the world, my guilty pleasure chip-of-choice for snacking, sleeping pills and a mask because I have expressed my complete inability to sleep on planes, and whisps to freshen my breath quickly after catching some zzzz's. Okay, okay, there was more candy involved... It's whereabouts will remain undisclosed.] 

[I always bring disposable razors on trips because I will inevitably forget mine at the hotel if I brought it. It only took me four lost Venus Divines to accept my condition. I also love that I get travel-sized products whenever I purchase my Clinique make-up because I save them for my trips! Don't worry, I've sent the beau out for some miniature toothpaste, too.]

[A light rain jacket. A folded up large Longchamp tote in case my purchases force me to check a bag on my return. Sweaters, scarves, and pants for the chilly weather plus one skirt that's more than likely purely wishful thinking. Not pictured: My underpinnings, a bathing suit for any possible hot tub situation, socks, tights, or the peacoat and boots that I'll be wearing for the entirety of the trip.]

[And then Lily jumped up on my stuff as if to say "Pack me too, Momma!" while I was taking pictures. She has definitely been out of sorts with all of the packing that's occurring, but I am certain that she'll have a good time playing with her dachshund friend, Moopsies, at our friend's home in Long Beach. Although we will miss her immensely...] 

 [The two albums I chose to purchase off iTunes late last night to help pass the time on the plane. JR bought a couple, as well as a documentary for us to watch on his iPad!] 

But, as always, I feel as if I am forgetting something... Why is it that a sinking feeling of unpreparedness always accompanies packing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some of that comment lovin'!